Want to help make sustainability accessible? Want to get involved with an award-winning project? Want to develop key skills, from coding to publicity and everything in between? Why not join the Ripple team?
Ripple is an app concept that harnesses the power of individual action to tackle the climate crisis and create a more sustainable world. By combining leading climate research with effective behavioral insight, we’re creating an app that empowers individuals to take control of their climate impact. We’re making sustainability simple.
Over the last couple of months, the team have been developing the app concept and have received praise and recognition from research groups within the University. We are now looking to expand our team to take the app concept to a next stage. We want to build a diverse team comprising a wide range of skills, so we welcome everyone from all backgrounds, subjects and year groups!
We’re currently looking for:
- People to manage the business aspects of the project such as developing an effective business model, managing accounts and sourcing funding
- People to look into the legal aspects of the venture – including intellectual property
- People to join the marketing and brand management team keeping the website updated, running the social media and developing the Ripple marketing strategy
- Coders interested or experienced in web and app development and/or Python coding
- UI/UX designers to bring the app concept to life in an engaging way (this includes animators, designers and other visual creatives)
- People to join the data analysis team identifying the key actions an individual can take to live more sustainably and quantifying the primary and secondary impact of these actions
- People to join the behavioural insights developing strategy to ensure the app is tailored to the users’ needs
- And just about anybody who is passionate about sustainability and the environment!
What you can get from being involved:
- The opportunity to work in an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team alongside like-minded people
- The opportunity to work with leading researchers in the climate change and behavioural insights fields
- The opportunity to involved in an exciting, emerging project that could cause a paradigmatic shift in sustainability and develop key project skills along the way
Have a look at the rest of the website to get an idea of the project, and once you’re convinced, fill in this Google Form to get involved!
We will also be hosting Zoom Q&As for interested individuals to find out more – times will be decided after voting through the form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org!